The Queenscourt Hospice Star Trekk VI ladies only night time walk, took place this evening on Friday 11th May 2012 in Southport.
|Queenscourt hospice Star Trekk VI|
The Star Trekk began at the Southport Eco Centre, where the charity walkers gathered together, before setting off at 10pm to walk through the night on either a 6 mile (purple t-shirt) or 11 mile (yellow t-shirt) trek around the town.
|Queenscourt Hospice Star Trekk VI ladies only night time walk|
The fundraising event, now in its sixth year raises lots of money to support the Queenscourt Hospice in its work;
- to give adults with far advanced, progressive and incurable illness the best
- possible specialist palliative care free of charge,
- to foster family centred care at home,
- to promote best practice in palliative care by example and education,
- to collaborate with others in improving end of life care
The evening was stewarded by volunteers from the Southport Meols Rotary Club, with radio communications provided by the volunteers from Southport and District Raynet.
Do you have some community news from around the Ormskirk area to share or a story to tell? Yes!