Part 2 of 2
Matthew Wright, in a frank and unedited interview, continues the discussion with Burscough West Conservative Councillor Jason Grice
- the need for additional utilities
- the need for improved roads infrastructure
- the problem of increased traffic congestion
- the need for additional amenities
- the choice of location
- the use of green belt land
- what are brown site alternatives
- what are the benefits to of new jobs, economic regeneration etc.
- Are the protesters a vocal minority, trying to hold the tide back? Yes, No?
- Three years on down the consultation path, Is there an element of inevitability to the final outcome?
- Should we be negotiating hard for further guarantees, not trying to turn our backs to the metaphorical builders lorry hurtling down the road towards us.
- Where does the argument go next, what further questions should be asked and to whom?
- Or, is it all completely irrelevant as the nearby impending Fracking projects, will in future just cause the ground beneath our very feet to just part and swallow us up?